NEW ENGLAND JEWELERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
P.O. Box 252, Chelmsford, MA 01824
Tel. 978-430-2853 (Lynn)
Scholarships will be awarded for jewelry related courses up to $750.00
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP: The Board of NEJA has decided to name one of our scholarships after the late Aster Dye. Jeweler Aster J. Dye passed away on December 23rd at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in Brockton, MA – he was 73. He worked for Boston-based jewelry company J. & S.S. DeYoung Inc. for more than 50 years, beginning at age 14 as an after-school job. Dye went on to become a buyer and supervisor for the company’s manufacturing and repair department. He was renowned for his vast industry expertise and loved for his warmth and wit. He had a devoted customer following and was a resource for other jewelers across the country. When he retired from DeYoung, he founded his own company, A.J. Dye Inc., in Brockton. Aster will be dearly missed by his family and many in our industry.
Rules of Entry
- Member store must be in good standing with NEJA, Inc. at time of application.
- Applicant must be employed by a member store for a minimum of one year.
- Scholarship can be applied to a recognized jewelry course of study such as GIA (please call for other options).
- Scholarships good for two years from date of award.
- Proof of payment and proof of successful completion of course must be submitted to NEJA office within 30 days after completion of course.
- Scholarships have a value of $750.00 each. The winner must pay all costs of the course over scholarship funding and cannot collect the difference of funds if the course is less than $750.00.
- Scholarship applications must be received by NEJA, Inc. no later than April 1st of each year for that years awards.